About InterLibrarian Loan:
This blog is a way to keep track of my career as a Diversity Resident Librarian and beyond, and aims to provide in-depth and meaningful reflection on the personal and professional experiences I have.
In the future, you can expect to read about the following:
- resident identity and impostor syndrome
- politics of the academy (and our place in it as residents)
- meaning of the term “diversity” in my position title
- diversity resident librarianship while managing anxiety and depression
- resident vs. non-resident positions
- what my day-to-day is like as a resident
- the future of area studies and its librarians
This list is by no means exhaustive. I have many more topics to discuss and I hope folks will come back to read about my experiences.
My name is Stephanie Porrata and I am currently an MPK Diversity Resident Librarian at The Ohio State University. I completed both my MLS and MA in Latin American and Caribbean Studies at Indiana University in May of 2019.
InterLibrarian Loan is my way of combining my personal and professional interests while contributing something important to librarianship.